Friday, October 28, 2011

It Ain't Nothing But A House Party!


I saw Peter Wolf one of my rock & roll heroes Wednesday night at the Bowery Ballroom. Peter leaves his blood all over the stage. Before Peter was a musician he was a younger brother who dug all his sister's 45 records and the way her and her girlfriends danced.  Then he was a top DJ in the Boston area and his first love, the music and the people who made it, haunt his live show.
Peter is cut from the same cloth as the legends he reveres.  He channels them and their spirits wrap themselves around Peter. If you love R&B, if you love the Blues, if you love J Geils, Rock & Roll, see Peter, it ain't no old timer show, it's the real thing.  My life is better because Peter is in it. "It Ain't Nothing but a House Party."  
Peter & The J Geils Band Looking For a Love in 1973.


Here are some pictures and an old J Geils story I told on my blog.   











No comments: