Tuesday, August 16, 2011

No More Lollygagging, I'm Off to Cornelia Street








Hello Everyone,

I’m Murt, the old barkeep from Loftus Tavern. If I didn’t throw you out of the place, I certainly hurled your father or mother. My lumbago’s acting up and my doctor said, “Murt, move it.”


I’m done lollygagging. Tonight, I’m taking my constitutional down to Cornelia Street Café to see the “City Stories: Stoops to Nuts” storytelling show.

I’m done lollygagging. Tonight, I’m taking my constitutional down to Cornelia Street Café to see the “City Stories: Stoops to Nuts” storytelling show.

You'll hear prosperous tellers and formidable songsmiths:

The Amygdaloids, Lindsey Gentile, Rachel Pertile Goldstein, Jed Parrish, Thomas Pryor and Andy Ross. It will change your life.

The Cafe requests $7 admission to cover their expenses then they turn around and give you a free drink, a swell deal.

Stop your gallivanting and roll your carcasses down to Cornelia Street Café, a first-class gin mill with good grub. I’ll be sitting in the back booth nursing my whiskey. Stop by, say hi, then pick your window and I’ll knock you through it. It’s the end of summer; I’ll have my Irish up.

A windy day is not a day to be fixing your thatch. Lend an ear, have a pop, your mother approves. Get home safe.

Slainte, Murt

No comments: