Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer Rain Over The Bowery Electric




Last night, live music at the Bowery Electric. Circuit Parade, Ward White & Jed Parrish performed with friends. Exiting the subway the sky exploded and hard rain chased me from the Astor Place kiosk to the club several blocks away. I loved it, summer rain is a gift. I made like it was punt return and the rain drops were defenders. After I was whistled down we had the ball on their forty, first and ten.

Three great sets, a pop-up music feast.



Circuit Parade is Joe McGinty, Leon Dewan & Mike McGinness. A taste of their terrific music can be found here. I loved their set last night. On one song they paid tribute to Charlie Brown and Vince Guaraldi was smiling down on them, CB and the little red head girl.

2779












The New Yorker raved over Ward White's new CD "Done With The Talking Cure." The record has gathered a bushel of outstanding reviews. It is brutally hilarious and at one specific moment last night Ward took me smack back to 1964. Ward whipped confidently through his set.

2796












I know Jed Parrish as a regular at the popular Losers Lounge series. This was the first time I heard him perform his own music. Jed Parrish is rolling thunder. His compositions are powerful and give you the strong sensation something is on his mind and he's come to testify in Judge Roy Bean's court where there is justice, no mercy.

2781


Here are some other pictures of the show & downtown last night.















No comments: