Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer in the City: Tonight at Cornelia Street Cafe


Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city

All around, people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head

But at night it's a different world
Go out and find a girl
Come-on come-on and dance all night
Despite the heat it'll be alright

And babe, don't you know it's a pity
That the days can't be like the nights
In the summer, in the city
In the summer, in the city

At the crack of dawn, I biked to Coney Island this morning to get in some exercise before the horrible heat sets in. Out there I found some artifacts under the Boardwalk and threw myself an inanimate object party on the beach (see pix below). I met John “Chef of the Future” Cupo & a female Kamikaze pilot floating around in a make shift pool off Mermaid Avenue near the Cyclone. I told them about a terrific way to beat the heat tonight in the West Village.

They thought my idea was fine and they’re heading in to the city in a blimp that the Holy Ghost has agreed to guide to Cornelia Street. I photographed them as they flew over the pier.

Summer in the City comes to Cornelia Street CafĂ© tonight @ 6pm. “City Stories: Stoops to Nuts,” storytelling show.

With terrific yarn spinners & songsmiths: Barbara Aliprantis, Jake Goldman, Thomas Pryor, Francesca Rizzo, Tricia Scotti & Coree Spencer. Come down, cool off! Please stop by. $7 (includes one free drink.)

Love to see you there. Hang ten, Tommy








No comments: