Thursday, June 25, 2009

All the Way From Memphis


Yeah its a mighty long way,
down rock and roll,
As your name gets hot,
so your heart grows cold,
and you gotta stay young man,
you can never be old,
All the way from Memphis

Ian Hunter & Jimmy Mastro rocking on the Hudson at sunset with Tom Otterness mischievous sculptures surrounding you. NYC June bliss.


Ian tore it up in Rockefeller Park last night and his new tunes are solid. My friend, Anne & I roamed the park, explored the naughty Otterness treats and planted ourselves right behind Ian and Jimmy. As close as we were to Ian at the Village Underground six years ago. We sang along on the top of our lungs. Ian played everything with heart and joy. I want to be Ian when I'm 70, doing something I love, and giving it away everyday. Jimmy's guitar playing led my spirit back to Earl Slick & Steve Hunter. Went right through me.

Ian Hunter, Eddie Skuller, Jimmy Mastro, Ed Rogers & Amanda Thorpe, five artists that keep my pilot flying right.
























No comments: