Friday, March 13, 2009

Sparky Lyle


Sparky Lyle wore a shirt I made for him in 1972. It's a long story, i'll tell it soon.
.
The next day was Father’s Day, June 18th. Dad dropped by Nan’s on York to get his annual kiss from his mother. She was stingy on direct affection. I was in the living room watching TV avoiding orders.
.
Ten minutes later, the bell rang, and my girlfriend, Ginny, walked in with two white fur-ball puppies, each fitting comfortably in her open hand. Barbara Morgan's poodle Monique had a one night stand with a Hungarian terrier named Urchie on 83rd Street.
.
“I’m keeping this one, who wants the runt?” Ginny said, pulling one puppy back and holding the other out.
.
Dad made a move and froze. He was thinking about Mom, I’m sure. She’d kill him. Nan neatly took the dog out of Ginny’s hand, lifted it to check for its sex, then made an announcement.
.
“This little girl’s mine, her name is Sparky Lyle.”
.
.

2 comments:

Tootie said...

You are so full of stories, it just amazes me. :-) That is such a cute little puppy! And, I'd love to know the outcome on the card trade.

Tommy Pryor said...

thanks, tootie, in truth my grandomther had a big fight with her sister mary becuase she wouldnt part with one of two father louie cards (father louie was their first cousin) they were all cuccia's